Monday, January 6, 2014

Fresno Days--Best Letter Ever!

January 6th, 2013

So not too much crazy new stuff since last Thursday but I have one experience I wanted to write about. 

We rode the bus again with a recent convert, she's like our grandma. We talked with her on the 2 hr bus ride to church and there came a point in the conversation where we said that we need to visit her in Laos when she goes home...she then said "When you come, you need to find my sons, they will know where I'm at, just in case I might have died already." It broke our hearts so we immediately comforted her and just joked it off and told her not to worry about it. Then she started laughing and then straight to crying. She told us that we were her sons, just like her real sons back in Laos and that she was going to miss us so much. It broke our hearts. We call her mom here and we are her sons. I'm so sad for the day that will come when me and Elder Doane have to say goodbye. However, I know without a shadow of a doubt, that God has sent us here to be with her at this time. I'm so grateful for the people that I've met and that have changed my life by their sincere pursuit to be with God. I know that God watches over this wonderful lady because of her goodness and her obedience to His laws. She faithfully works 6 days a week (sun up to sun down) and rests on the Sabbath so that she can attend church. She gets on the bus for a total of 5 hours to get to church when members aren't available to take her. She pays a full tithe in spite of her destitute circumstances. She gets maybe 4 hrs a sleep each day and she still reads the Book of Mormon daily (She's in Alma). These are the kind of people that are joining the church. She has little or nothing except the Gospel of Jesus Christ in her life and she is happy. I'm so grateful for her. I love her with my whole heart and pray God will continue to bless her for everything she continues to give up for the Gospel of Jesus Christ. 

Anyways, when we are ever tempted to think it is too hard, I'm reminded of people like her...and I know that we can do it. We can live the Gospel and be happy in spite of whatever life throws at us. I love this Gospel.  
 
Love ya all too! 
Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment