Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Running & Losing Weight in the CFM

February 10th, 2014


Hi Everyone,

This is my week in a nutshell: 
Tuesday- Got my best time running our usual route. Its somewhere between 2 and half to 3 miles. 17 min 40 sec. Getting skinny.



Also, we had district meetings. I attended Elder Rasmussen's training. He did a suggested activity out of the back of PMG chapter 2. It turned out to be really good. Elder Bone also gave a short training on the Holy Ghost. Also, Elder Xiong gave a mini-training on Being Hmong 101 (helping us internalize the culture more). Elder Rasmussen did a great job. He's a leader that teaches by example.

Wednesday- Leadership training. I've been thinking a great deal about how I can better fulfill my potential as a missionary. I want to make sure that at the end of every day that I've completely exhausted myself and pushed myself to my outer-limits. Quote: 
"There is no passion to be found in playing small - in settling for a life that is less than the one you are capable of living."

Thursday President's Interviews. I've been thinking about how I can use my time most effectively so I can squeeze everything out of my mission. President mentioned that 30 extra minutes each day, that are essentially 46 extra days of one's mission. I want more time as a missionary, so I'm going to use every little bit of time the best I can.

Friday- Weekly Planning. Start of exchange with Elder Rasmussen. 
 
Sunday- 3 Investigators at church. Awesome! Also, bishop brought a whole family to church in response to our FMP visit. MIRACLE CENTRAL!
 
Today- Crazy preparation day as usual. Not enough time to do everything. 

LOVE YA! 
Thanks for the awesome package! <3 Happy Valentine's Day.
Elder Burdick

No comments:

Post a Comment