Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Hmong = English?



September 5th, 2013

Hi Everyone,

This is how my week went--

Wednesday: 
So an old Hmong lady dared me to eat a Habanera pepper....I did it. I thought I was going to die. My throat was on fire. It’s a way different type of hot than the Thai peppers. 

Thursday: 
Leadership Training! Super fun and always inspirational with President Gelwix. 

Saturday: 
Went to the vineyard again and cut a billion grapes. Working in the Lord's vineyard...literally! 

Sunday: 
The youth gave great testimonies about seminary...totally should have put more into that. It’s way awesome.

Monday: 
We went and helped with a move. Then we went and taught some hardcore shaman people. 

Tuesday: 
We went and taught Hmong/English class...the one lady is on dialysis and she asked about how to explain that in English...so Elder Doane in all seriousness and super slowly....says: "My......kidney......doesn't.......work." We all busted up laughing! 

Wednesday: 
Trainer/Trainee Meeting: Super fun as always. "facing the giant" clip 

Quote: "Give me your best! Your very best! Don't you quit on me! You promised your best! 10 more.....8 more......5 more....IT’S ALL HEART FROM HERE! 

Well we are super out of time right now. I will be sending you my mini-sd card in a week or so. I love you all a ton! I will email Papa Jesse on Monday. Tell him I love him! 

Love 
Elder Scott Burdick

No comments:

Post a Comment