Thursday, August 15, 2013

Merced/Atwater Days

July 15th, 2013

Things are going great. We had a super fun week. We went and did more service. We helped a non-member re-arrange her home so that carpet people could come in and stretch her carpet. We also went and put down a sandstone tile pad at a landing for some stairs, lots of fun actually. The members here are amazing. They feed us so well. We actually just got a new branch president this last weekend. The new one seems pretty cool. Still getting to know everyone! I'm happy you got the whole recording thing working. Totally send me them when you can and you I can record more. Well I forgot my journal to use to tell you what happened this week in detail but I do have a good MLK quote from Elder Xiong for my spiritual thought.
 
Spiritual Thought:
“Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.”

“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

I think these are some great quotes especially for all the opposition that comes towards the church because of our positions.

Well, I love you all very much! Keep the questions coming!
 
LOVE YA,

TSEEM FWV LEEM

No comments:

Post a Comment