Thursday, August 15, 2013

Another Great Week in Merced/Atwater

July 22nd, 2013

So super sad to hear about Papa Jesse! Tell him I love 'em and I'll be sure to keep him in my prayers.

Glad to hear that Mom's class went really well. Also, its nice Ray likes her new job. Keep me posted on everything.

This week has been pretty good. I gave a talk in Sacrament meeting yesterday on the atonement. Went pretty well! Its always scary talking in front of a bunch of adults. Its weird that I'm 20...probably am more of an adult that I thought. Still scary though speaking in front of people even when you're not a teenager anymore.

We also had training with President Gelwix this last week. He's the best! He said something that was awesome. He was talking about Nephi and how long they got to the land Bountiful. He said it didn't have to take 8 years, it's just that they weren't ready. He said the same thing about the Children of Israel fleeing out of Egypt. He said the Lord couldn't use them because they had an Egypt mentality. He had to wait for those with that mind set to either die off or change. I think it's the same for us, too. Can God work with us right now or do we have to change? Anyways, I love zone conference and training from president. So much inspiration.

Also, this last Tuesday, I went into a biking area. Super hot. Its crazy how much you sweat on a bike.

Well life is going awesome! Keep me posted! Let me know if you have any questions and thanks for the spiritual thoughts!

Spiritual thought:


"His Grace Is Sufficient" -Brad Wilcox (BYU Devotional)

Super awesome talk....definitely should look it up!

Love,

Elder Scott Burdick

xoxoxoxo

 

No comments:

Post a Comment