Sunday, May 12, 2013

Hmong Lost in Translation...Oops



April 22nd, 2013

So this week was super awesome! No crazy weird meetings. Just normal. I love it! We had a good district meeting on Tuesday. We talked about why love is the most important motivator in our ministries, etc. We went out proselyting and found 3 new people to teach. Just overall awesome week!

We had some hilarious fails: We busted up laughing in the middle of a prayer at a member’s home for dinner. One elder called the member really big on accident. Then he responded to one of her comments with 'I'm just fat' so we were dying of laughter. We also have been doing some crazy morning runs. We get up at 6 and run till 650 and then do two minute planks....awful...but so good. We also had Mormon Helping Hands in the richest part of the city.....FAIL. We had to clean up the side of a road next to billion dollar shopping centers and apartments that had gates with lions on them. You know it’s a rich area when there are lions and other insignia sculpted into the outside walls. So that wasn't as satisfying as I thought it would be...but always fun. I love Fresno! It’s the best! Anyways, nothing too crazy this week. I went to JC Penneys and grabbed some shirts that seemed to fit all right but we'll see after I wash them. Here’s my spiritual thought: 

DC 88:50 

"Then shall ye know that ye have seen me, that I am, and that I am the true light, that is in you, and that you are in me ; otherwise ye could not abound." 

We will all come to know who God really is and when we do we will come to realize that everything good about us is from God. Truly He is the light inside all of us. May we always be the person that truly reflects the Master in all that we do. 

Hello this is one of the elders that serve with Elder Burdick. He is so awesome and I love him. He is an amazing missionary and helps me become a better missionary too. Thank you for having such an amazing son, it has changed my life forever.

AWWW THAT'S ELDER DAVIS WHO WROTE THAT! He's the best. 
Well, I’ve got to go. ASK ME QUESTIONS AT THE END OF YOUR NEXT EMAIL AND I WILL ANSWER THEM ALL! I love you all so much! <3 
Love 
Elder Tseem Fwv Leem Vaj

No comments:

Post a Comment