Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Week 9 at the MTC

Hnub Zoo (Good Day)!

Today has been great! I just received the package you sent me and I just want to say thank you so much (ua tsaug tiag tiag--thank you truly). I appreciate all the stuff. Its going to be super helpful in the field. Also, I'm actually sending the SD card today so good luck figuring out all the pics because there are quite a few. I'm going to give you my companion's mother's email addresses so you can get in touch with them.

This week two new districts were added to our zone. A Laotian group that is all going to Sacramento (the only Lao speaking mission in the world). Also, the other district is going to Salt Lake City West and the one kid is from my Philosophy class from BYU-I. So that was awesome to see him.

Aunt Sue and Aunt Suzanne & Uncle Dan both sent me packages this last week so that was wonderful. I have so much stuff to sort through especially with your package as well. I'm thinking about maybe sending a package to California so I don't have to worry about packing everything but tell me what you think. Also, you should probably stop sending packages to the MTC from here on out unless you know they will get here before I leave because I wouldn't want awesome goodies and stuff to be wasted :). Grandpa & Grandma Burdick and Papa Jess also sent me letters so that was great to hear from them. I'm trying to write everyone back in a timely fashion and since it's busy I might not be able to reply as soon as I would like but I'll be sure to do it.

During class this week, our one investigator finally made it to baptism (after 26 appointments). We also have a new investigator who is super tough. He gets us off of the doctrine so easily with very practical questions that you just don't ever consider as a lifelong member (for instance: He says his wife doesn't listen...and we said the gospel will help his family, now he's praying that his wife will listen etc, sometimes we dig holes, and other times we just keep diggin'). However, its going to be great once we get into the doctrinal principles.

Also, during class we were studying Alma 34. First, you should get out LDS.org or your scriptures and read it. It discusses the Son of God's infinite and eternal sacrifice for us. The intent of this sacrifice to bring about the bowels of mercy which overpowereth justice. This teaches us that Christ did not only love us enough to bear the pains and demands of justice for our sins, but also that He loved us enough to OVERPOWER the demands of justice. It then reads: "And thus mercy can satisfy the demands of justice, and encircles them in the arms of safety.' Through the atonement of Jesus Christ, we can repent thus removing the ETERNAL consequences of our sins, and when we do so the merciful arms of the Savior encircle us and bring us back into His fold. In 3 Nephi 9:13-14, we learn that through the atonement we can be healed if we come unto Christ. Coming unto Christ is not an event, but a process. Missionary work is simply helping people begin the process of coming unto Christ more fully. I pray that we may all continue on this journey, that we may all feel the arms of the Savior beckoning us to come unto Him. I know that through the small things, even praying, reading the scriptures, and going to church...we will feel His love, not only weekly, daily, or hourly, but every second.

I love you all! I'm so excited to get into the field and start serving the Hmoob (Hmong) people. I know the Lord is always there for us. He loves you. He wants you to be happy!

 Love,

Es Daws Npuaj Hwm

xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxox

P.S.  Also got a letter from Elder Chris Parker...awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment