Thursday, July 5, 2012

Week 6 a the MTC

Hi Everyone,

This week has been awesome...as per usual. We got to see 10/12 apostles at a devotional so that was even awesomer...then L Tom Perry spoke to us...oh and there were 110 new mission presidents there!  Crazy!  I have a list of things to tell you and only 20 minutes so I’m just going to go bullet-point…

Got the package with the flags and stuff and my companions and I were so excited. We actually moved buildings so our room looks sweet with the California and Old Laotian flags.

This week we have been making an effort to do SYL (speak your language) and it is difficult. The new building has showers where you can see over the tops (only see about the eyes of the person next to you showering) so me and my companions were joking that we could do daily planning in there.  Overall, we have been making huge improvements with the language as we have been SYLing.

There is a talk you must look up…The Purifying Power of Gethsemane by Bruce R. McConkie.  It is such a good talk and I would advise you watch it on lds.org.  It was the last talk before he died.

So my spiritual thought is Doctrine and Covenants 18:10-16

Remember the worth of souls is great in the sight of God; For, behold, the Lord your Redeemer suffered death in the flesh; wherefore he suffered the pain of all men, that all men might repent and come unto him.  And he hath risen again from the dead, that he might bring all men unto him, on conditions of repentance.  And how great is his joy in the soul that repenteth!  Wherefore, you are called to cry repentance unto this people.  And if it so be that you should labor all your days in crying repentance unto this people, and bring, save it be one soul unto me, how great shall be your joy with him in the kingdom of my Father!  And now, if your joy will be great with one soul that you have brought unto me into the kingdom of my Father, how great will be your joy if you should bring many souls unto me!

Also 1 Nephi 21:15-16

I really love this scripture...it is being quoted from the words of Isaiah but its symbolism highlights the atonement so well.  For Christ truly did engrave us into the palms of his hands. The marks in his body are marks of his very personal suffering for each and every one of us. He knows us. He has suffered the very same things we go through and much more. He loves us. He beckons us always, he does not turn away but rather the arms of his mercy are continually extended. Who are we to forget Him? Who are we to turn away from our Savior and Redeemer? We must go to the garden and ensure we never forget His suffering. We must weep at the base of the cross and never forget His death. But most importantly, we must feel the prints in His hands, and know He is the living and resurrected Savior of the World who made it possible for us to overcome sin and death. What a great knowledge we have to be a part of his church! What an even greater responsibility we have to share it with others. "One day everyone will know what we know, and they will know that we knew it".   Now is the time to start doing His work.

Sorry I have such a short letter but my keyboard isn’t being helpful and I can't type very well today

Love,

Es Daws Npuaj Hwm


No comments:

Post a Comment