Thursday, September 20, 2012

Fresno Days (09/17/2012)

Nyob Zoo! [Hello Family!]
 
So life is going really well. We are preparing for the baptism on Sunday so that's exciting. Loved your spiritual thought too! Still working on Hmoob so its coming right along. I don't have a ton of time today to write but I'll give you some quick highlights. 

We painted a garage/office. (It was awesome but I definitely have removed "painter" off of my possible future career list)

My Hmoob dad (the people that gave me my name) is now on the high council so super sad because he won't be able to do as much in the ward anymore.

Had Chipotle with some members that signed up on the dinner calender...AmAzInG 

Went on exchanges again, I was in charge of our area for a day and a half so pretty crazy having to do everything with another Elder that didn't speak Hmoob. 

Got a small taste of "English work"...went to followup on a list of names our ward clerk gave us. The one person just yelled at us through the door, so that was fun... apparently the Hmong people we were looking for moved 3 years ago so super sad.  

We had crawdads, ribs, rice and kua txob, and mash-potatoes for a meal...super random and awesome! 

Anyways, that is some of the stuff happening in Pioneer Park (East Side). 

Spiritual thought: 
"We have to forgo the things in the moment, for the things that matter most." -Elder Caprio 

I think we forget this all the time. Success does not come without sacrifice. Exaltation does not come without sacrifice. We have to make the sacrifice! Nobody else can do it for us. So, let us all ask ourselves the question: What do we need to give up? What do we need to sacrifice to come closer to Christ? If we do this then we will truly become better disciples of Christ. 

I love you all and apologize this letter is short. Also, sorry that I am not able to write back to everyone yet...I'm working on it. :) 
 
Kuv hlub Nej! [Love You]

Tseem Fwv Leem "Xai Yob" Vaj 

No comments:

Post a Comment